In the past, security measures focused primarily on external threats to a school’s network from viruses, hackers, and worms. Today, academic institutions face internal threats as employees and students can easily export sensitive information via email or by copying data to portable media. Without tools and techniques in place for data security and data privacy, schools have little to no control over their confidential information.
The security landscape is rapidly changing which makes it challenging to keep up with all of the advancements. Many schools do not have the resources to put the appropriate controls in place.
Virtucom can provide data protection from internal and external threats. We will assess your network’s security risks and vulnerabilities and recommend hardware and software solutions to minimize your risks. Our skilled staff will combine their technical expertise with the best available products to keep your school’s network secure and private.
Specifically, Virtucom can provide:
- Anti-virus detection software: protects every laptop and desktop computer
- Scanning for email attachments: minimizes damage from harmful viruses and threats
- Firewalls: provides boundary protection from the public Internet
- Authentication and authorization of users: enables secure remote access
- Encryption of wireless transmissions: keeps data private and secure
- Email and full disk encryption: preserves student and employee data
Contact us now to learn how Virtucom can provide security management services to keep your network and computers safe and your data private.